Monday, July 24, 2006

Cooties!



Ahh, now ain't that the cutiest Cootie you ever saw. Tweak the Coatimundi is just precious. The DH and I went for a motorcycle ride this Saturday to visit my sister in Buffalo Lake, pop. 800. We had such a great time. She has yet to email me pictures from our drunk fest at Buffalo Lake Days. It was just a total riot. But I will post more about that tomorrow.

Now back to Tweak. I have to apologize for the pictures, but he just would not sit still. The little guy is just constantly moving, hence the blurry pictures. I have to say I had doubts about this latest edition to my sister's menagerie, but he is hilarious. I honestly think there could be an entire television show how just Coati antics. Oh yes, we pronounce it Cootie btw. You can pronounce another way, but calling him a cooties is just way more fun and accurate. I will give you just one brief example of how funny he it. Alright, picture little cootie bouncing all around the house. You are unable to wrangle him, because he is just to fast. So what will slow down a cootie you ask. Lotion, that is right. The little guy loves the smell of lotion. As soon as you unscrew the lid, he is right there. If you let him, he will take a little lotion and rub it into his tail. So goofy.



Chris also asked that I talk just a little more about who I saw at the Folk Festival. I will just give a brief run down of my favs b/c there were a lot of artists there.

Bedouin Soundclash: they were great. Reggae/Rock sound that was a mix between the Clash and Desmond Decker. Not to mention their Bass player was hot. I think I really enjoyed them because I just watched The Harder They Come.

Also, that Hawksley Workman, so awesome. He was recommended to me by the Brainylady. Let me tell you what a treat. He was a totally amazing performer, and his opera bravado was great. He was a total charmer.

Who else, did I mention that Neko Case was there. I really hope I don't need to give her any introduction, cause she is just simply amazing. If you haven't listened to her you should.

Man alive so many, Son Volt was a definitely a highlight. They did give me high school flash backs, but that was ok. Vic Chestnut, who has often appeared on A prairie Home Companion.

Finally I will mention my favorite Texas Swing Players. There was Fred Eaglesmith and the Flying Squirrels, Alejandro Escovedo, and Cindy Cashdollar. These were just my favorites. I really like Alejandro Escovedo, I would certainly go to see him again.

Alright that is all I can handle, otherwise I will keep going. Oh shoot, one more. The Sadies, Neko used to be in this band. They were kind of a mix between Dick Dale and Gram Parsons. I just thought they were great. A recommended buy.

So there it is, you can listen to them on their websites if you have time.

6 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Aw!! The cootie is a cutie! :)

It sounds like the folk fest was great! I love Neko (she was awesome when we saw her too) oh & Vic Chestnut!! He is from Athens & plays tons of local shows. My favorite is when he played with Jonathan Richman! It was really amazing!

I will have to check out some of the bands I haven't heard much from. Thanks for giving us the info!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh, what a great line up - and I know that's just part of it. I should get off my butt and go up there someday... but I don't like crowds...

Tweak is really cute! I don't know anything at all about that species.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Tweak is such a cutie!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Tweak is so cute! I spent part of a summer once in the mountains in Arizona studying coatis and it was really fun. I didn't know you could have one as a pet!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger RheLynn said...

Oh wow Tweak is very cute! I don't think I've ever seen one, not even in a zoo etc.! That is funny with the lotion ;o) Rubbing it into his own tail? Do they act like cats, monkeys, or a cross between?

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tweak is a very fun pet but very naughty. Cooties are into everything and will destroy your house. Not recommended for those with extensive hummel collections. Good thing our house isn't very nice and has nothing to wreak. He sure loves lotion and needed to moisturize his tail last night because I have been gone for 5 days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next