Thursday, July 13, 2006

I am back!


Alright I am back! Back from great music and naked Canadians. You heard me right, I spared you pictures, because well who needs to look at that. Actually I am really ok with people wanting to be in the buff, but after six years of Winnipeg - I am just over it. I really don't know what to say about the music other than it was all great. I have way too many new favorites to even mention. I just love the folk festival. I have been there six times and every time I love it more. My husband got heat exhaustion the first day. He is so silly and won't wear shorts, what modesty, maybe I should of told him to go naked. Other than that he acclimated fairly well. He was a little freaked out by the drug culture up there, and I just reminded him that not everyone participates in it, so don't let those who do bug you.

Anywho, onto knitting news. Above is a picture of the only thing I have completed in months. It is the third diaper soaker I have made, this one is a little larger than the others. I think it will be the last soaker for awhile. All of my other projects are just not going that great. I will post more about this later. Below is a picture of the sock I was working on in Winnipeg. I really was enjoying knitting it, but when I pulled it out of my luggage I lost the needles. So now all my stitches are just hanging out. I actually think I may frog it back a little, I am not really sure I like how my heel gusset is turning out. So I may give it one more go. I think I really need to get a sock bag for my project.

One last picture, this is a goofy one from Winnipeg. My DH had to bend the legs on this cheap chair. You can't have any chairs higher than 2' in Winnipeg, god forbid you block anyone's view of the main stage. Doesn't he look comfortable? I will post more later, so busy playing catch up at work. It is just ridiculous here.



5 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Knittymama said...

That chair picture is hilarious!! I'm so jealous you got to go. I've been wanting to go up there for years, especially since thye Wailing Jenny's were there. I'd really like to see them

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Knittymama said...

That chair picture is hilarious!! I'm so jealous you got to go. I've been wanting to go up there for years, especially since thye Wailing Jenny's were there. I'd really like to see them

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger RheLynn said...

ouch on the chair! It almost looks like a blanket could have been better! Sad thing for the sock :o( but your diaper soaker looks great!

 
At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that chair sure looks comfy! I would go with the blanket too.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - that chair picture is wild! I think I would go with those little "stadium" chairs.

I want to hear more about who you saw. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next