I Hate Perfume

So this is another non-knitting entry. Anyways I just have to write about I Hate Perfume. I know the name sounds weird, because it actually is perfume. I Hate Perfume was started by Christopher Brosius in reaction to all those Great-Aunt alcohol fake flower smelling perfumes. I read about this perfume in New York Magazine, and everything the article said was true. I bought three samples, Fir Tree, At the Beach 1966, and Lavender Tea. They are all wonderful, I really love the Lavender Tea. Fir Tree is good, but it really does smell like a Fir Tree, so buyer beware. However, At the Beach 1966 is my fav. Here is Christopher's description of what the perfume smells like.
"Imagine it's about 4 o'clock on a golden summer afternoon and you've been at the beach all day rubbing yourself with Coppertone suntan lotion, but Coppertone as it existed in the 60's, not quite as it is now... You walk into the surf as the waves break on the shore and, bending down to touch the surf, you notice the smell of your warm skin and of the salt water that seems so cold by comparison. It has just the faintest hint of watermelon rind' The prime note in this scent is Coppertone 1967 blended with a new accord I created especially for this perfume, North Atlantic. The base of the scent contains a bit of Wet Sand, Seashell, Driftwood and just a hint of Boardwalk. The effect when you wear At The Beach 1966 is as if you've been swimming all day in the ocean."
This description is totally accurate. For two days I have been sniffing myself and dreaming about laying in the sand. It is wonderful. I secretly love the way Coppertone smells, but hate the way it feels on your skin. All aside, I think I will buy bigger bottles of both At the Beach 1966 and Lavendar Tea.
On to knitting news, I will need to go and buy a size 15 circular needle at lunch. Then it will be off, off and away on the Saturday Market bag. I do love that Depth of Field is only two blocks from my work. Also sorry I forgot to include my links yesterday.








3 Comments:
I love that bag! I'd have to special order those needles though - size FIFTEEN circ?
Great descriptions on the perfume - I don't remember what Coppertone smells like right now though!
Great perfume descriptions! That Coppertone smell - oh yeah, I remember that. Alas, that I am allergic to perfumes...
Didn't Kramer try to sell this smell to Calvin Klein on Seinfeld? I love Philosophy Pure Grace for the same reason. It smells like a freshly ironed t-shirt. My mother in law is always giving me designer overpowering perfume that I hate. I'll have to try this stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home