Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Rip Rip Rip



Or should I say Frog, Frog, Frog, - Tink, Tink, Tink. What did I do? I totally dropped my stitches in the wrong areas. So now the side patterns measure unevenly. I thought I would leave it and just hope it didn't make a difference. But I think it will drive me nuts. Unfortunately, I let the dropped stitches run quiet a few inches, actually almost to the bottom. On one side the last drop is only about three stitches from the edge. On the other side the drop is about twelve stitches from the edge. Not to mention after all the boring knitting I have been doing on this vest, I am not sure if I can even make a back to it. It was just so boring to make. Decisions, decisions. I am just not happy with it, let the stash begin. I have just decided to rip it all out and wait for a project that really calls to me. Who knows, maybe this one will again. I just wish it looked as though I would want to wear it. I will just have to find something else to make with all this bright pink.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Leah said...

UGH!!! I'm so sorry that it got all screwed up! I know the pain of that. I'm using the pattons called for in the pattern & it's so slick that it just "jumps" right off my needles. I've accidentally dropped a few stitches myself.

I say put it down for a while & come back to it later. If you still have that feeling of dread over it then just forget it.

It's actually a pretty good knit as a hiatus from lace or something really difficult. Maybe you could pair it with that!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Wow, that's really pink yarn.

I agree with Leah. Set it aside and return to it later, when you feel the urge to tackle a challenge.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger RheLynn said...

It is such a fine yarn! I hope you don't have to frog all of it :o( Best of luck! Maybe a little time aside from it will spark a great idea!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Add me to the vote to set it aside for a while and then look at it again. Sometimes that makes a big difference! Right now, I know I would be too frustrated to really see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next