I love music
Well I love knitting almost as much as I love music. Which is a lot. There are so many great shows coming up this summer. So I thought I would post about them, in hope that I will make it to all of them.
First, the Fiery Furnaces. Oh, I just can't wait. They are a brother and sister band and I just don't know how to explain them. Crazy, there lyrics are so funny, not to mention they use birds calls in there songs. They are playing at First Ave on June 23rd. When I first bought there album I wasn't so sure. I had them a few times, but my husband just loves them. This is good, since DH has been in a seriously long Springsteen, Cash, Nelson phase.
Next is Wilco. What can if say, it's Wilco. Alt-Country band extraordinaire. I missed them last year at the Walker, so this year is the year. I am going to see them in my home town Duluth on July 1. So exciting.
The weekend following Wilco is four great days of music at the Winnipeg Folk Festival. I have been to the festival many times, but this will be the first time back in four years. I am so excited. This is my husbands first time, and I just can't wait to see what he thinks. I have always been into folk music, but it has been quiet wonderful to see my husbands transition to it. However, this year Alt-Country staple Neko Case is headlining. But there will be plenty of wonderful folk to choose from, Richard Thompson to say the least.
What else could possible be happening. Well there is Camera Obscura and Jolie Holland are playing at the Varsity Theater at the end of July. Both promising to be great shows. Not to mention the Varsity is a great place to see a show.
And last but not least, one punk show to round out the summer. That is right, my husband and I are going to Gorilla Biscuits. They are back for a reunion tour that certainly promises to be entertaining. They are playing at the Triple Rock on August 13th.
Oh wait I forget one more. We are also playing to see one of my very favorite artists, Jerry Jeff Walker. This certainly promises to be fun. I just have not found a Jerry Jeff album that I do not like. Jerry Jeff is playing August 10th at the MN Zoo.
Summer of music, here I come. I certainly hope I have some time to knit.








1 Comments:
Ok, I was totally with you until the last two paragraphs - not familiar with them. I'm assuming you listen to the Current?!
I can't remember the last show I went to, tho - I just totally got out of the habit...
Post a Comment
<< Home