Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Problems, Please Send Help


I don't know what my damage is, do you like the flash back to 90s' lingo, but I just can't figure out the lace pattern for the Saturday Market bag. It is just infuriating me. So I figure that I maybe able to get some help from my fellow knit bloggers. Below I have listed the directions from the pattern and the picture above is what it is suppose to look like.

Lace Background Stitch -
Row 1 – (RS) – k1 *yo, sl 1, k1, yo, psso the knit st and the following yo; repeat from*
Row 2 – *P2, drop the yo from the proceeding row; rep from* end p1.
Row 3 – K2, rep from * of Row 1, end k1.
Row 4 – P3 * drop the yo from the proceeding row, P2; rep from*

This seems simple enough right? Well not so for me. Here is my question - On Row 1 you are to pass the knit stitch over the second yo, and then pass the slip stitch over the next yo over right?The real problem is that when it comes to Row 2 you are suppose to drop the yo from the proceeding row - However, all the yos except the first one have been psso by a different stitch. I am confused. Hopefully someone can shed a little light on this for me.



On a different note I went to Pride this weekend. What fun! There are just so many people out, feeling the love. My husband and I watched the drag show for a while and then just people watched. Anyways, I hope to have a photo of one of my paintings for you soon. So far I have been really unhappy with everything I painted. Not to mention, this painting class is really cutting into my knitting time.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I just finished this bag over the weekend so let me see if I can help.

On row one you Yarn over, slip one, knit one, yarn over again and then pass the slipped stitch over the knit stitch as well as the second yarn over together.

Each time you pass the slipped stitch over the knit & second yarn over you are ending one section of the lace background since it's only 5 stitches & you cast on 45 stitches you have to start over again from the first YO.

The first YO of each section is the one you drop on your purl rows.

I hope that helps. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions about it!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Sydney Harper said...

I read the pattern the way Leah says. You have two YOs in each 5 stitch pattern. The second one gets taken care of with the PSSO. The first one is dropped on the next row.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Knittymama said...

I was bummed we missed Pride this weekend. It's always so fun!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Pride was excellent - I felt better about my community and the world in general after going to Pride.

Can't help you with the bag, tho... But it looks like Leah and Sydney have that covered!

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to prioritize! Knitting is way more important than painting class. :-) I'm just saying....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next