Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Finished Projects

Here are a few pictures of my recently finished projects. The first is the hat reproduction for my friend Adam. As you recall he lost his Grandfather's hat, so I come to the rescue and made my best attempt at duplicating it. Adam, as reported by his Girlfriend and my good friend Marit, has been enjoying it and wearing it frequently. I guess that is one testament.



Unfortunately, as you can see on the detailed picture, that I forgot to purl one row after casting on.



So when I attached the inside liner the seam was uneven. Oh well, knit and learn. I really need to be more careful when I read directions.



The last photo is the kitty I knitted for my mother. I used the pattern off of Knitty however I ended up using the left over yarn from Kevin's sweater. That yarns was a chunky weight so the kitty turned out a little bigger than expected. Not to mention that the fabric did not lay down flat where I decreased. Once again, knit and learn. Also, sorry Mom but I am not feeling the way you put on the Kitty's face, I really do prefer they way they did it on Knitty. But hey, to each their own.

Recently I have been working the Somewhat Cowl from Knit and Tonic. While I love Wendy's site, I have to admit that the pattern is a bit boring to knit. I am thinking about casting on two sweater vests this weekend. I am thinking a bright pink or teal drop stitch vest, Stitch N'Bitch Nation Pattern, and possible a green vest similar to the one on Knit and Tonic. We will see. I have been having some trouble finding the yarn I want. I may actually have to go to a new yarn store. God forbid.

Also Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I had to make a special request for the owners of these projects to take the pictures for me, seeing as I forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next