Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Land of Milk and Honey


Well I am committing three hours to knitting this evening. I have successfully re-knitted the front of my husband’s sweater and last night we pinned it together to make sure it will fit. So tonight I want to finish at least one of the sleeves and at least start the second. I have no dinner to make this evening and I think I will really have some time to work on his project.

We are leaving for Portland on Friday, and well I just want t o bring a new project with me on the plane. Limited distractions, I think I just might be able to crank one more project out. I am thinking it is time I get to work on the Shawl pattern from Elann and potentially my socks as well. I really need to get some of these projects off my back.

I am just so anal, I can’t let projects sit around. All day I will think about how badly I want to finish a certain project and as I said before I have too many in the works. Not to mention my mother was checking out Knitty and decided that I just have to make the cover kitty for her. Needless to say I am feeling a little like Gromit. Take care of everything at the house, do all the chores and still I knit.

Knitting is really an addiction. I have been thinking lately thought that it maybe a form of meditation for me. Technically, there is a form of work meditation in Buddhist traditions, at least Tibetan. Don’t quote me on anything. I would just like to be as disciplined about my meditation practice as I am about knitting.

On a total side note, I don’t know if anyone caught the article about Abortion Protesters and the Supreme Courts ruling. I have to say I am getting very nervous with the new justices, sometime it is so frustrating to be a woman. Just let us have the same rights, privacy and pay. I just shake my head! I never would have thought growing up that I would be struggle with women’s rights.

It makes me glad I am leaving for Portland for a few days. Good coffee, clean streets, fresh air and well liberal. It is just nice to go out in a town that you don’t need to watch what you say and be weary of whom maybe listening. I just get so exhausted living in conservative town sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Gromit Kelly. Yes, I'm also nervous with the new justices. One step forward and now maybe thousands backwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next