Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cat Crazy


So let me tell you a little story about my first sweater. Last fall I started my first sweater, just knitting along, loving every minute of it. I was learning so much, ripping parts out I did not like and fixing them. Let us just say I was feeling like one big success, that is, until I came to sewing it all together.

One late evening after working on the sweater for a few hours, knitting madness in full swing, I decided I would put the sweater down for the evening. Feeling confident that I would be able to finish knitting in the morning, I went to bed.

After a pleasant evening of sleep I woke, excited at the prospect of finishing my sweater. I quickly went to the living room where my almost completed sweater lay in wait. As I entered the room, and started to panic as the strong smell of cat poop filled my nostrils. Rounding the corner of the couch only to find my precious sweater covered in cat poop. I can not even explain the distress. In fact I screamed so loud that my husband rushed out of bed, convinced I had just found a dead body lying on the floor.

Sometimes I just hate my cats, well that is actually really hard to do because they are so cute. Needless to say, after that experience I have been very careful about leaving any knitting projects or material available for the kitties. But that did not stop them from stealing a skein of my new alpaca, which is for my next project. I have no idea how they got it. I just really hope they have not figured out how to open my knitting box. I guess anything is possible. Maybe their lust for yarn is forcing the evolution of their paws.

Well I came home from work yesterday, only to find one exploded skein of yarn and some mysterious brown particles stuck to it. I was really hoping they had not decided to bring my new yarn into the litter box with them. So I did want any dedicated, thrifty knitter would do. I gave my yarn the smell test. That is right. I thoroughly smelled the yarn and to my relief discovered it was just cat food. I can deal with that. So I unwound the dirty part of the skein, which was not all that much, and cut out the cat food. I am so glad my in-laws bought me a yarn baller for X-Mas. It just works so slick.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, just viewed your blog - very entertaining. I will have to check back every week to see what you are up to.

Me - LAN

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Knittymama said...

Wow, and I was feeling crappy because my cat pooped on the dining room floor this week! Could you salvage the sweater?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next